Friday, May 15, 2009

Real research.

15 May Friday 3.02 am.

I can’t sleep. I blame it on the stupid essays which screwed up my sleeping clock. OK. now.

Experiment: Last night i had this super brilliant save-the-world idea. You know how when its winter and your whole room gets cold and you need a heater to stay sane? Well, i shifted my heater under my bed, facing upwards! in effect, turning my bed into one huge snuggle blanket! normal2now my bed feels like “its early morning and i don’t want to wake up feeling” ALL the time! its soo super cool! only thing is, its too effective… i already have a hard time waking to my alarms in the morning.. and the morning after i actually overslept my class. hmm.. i shall try varying heat levels to see how late my waking hours get.

Hypothesis: I postulate that as my bed heat levels rise, i will end up oversleeping following a mean distribution, because if its too hot i wont be able to sleep comfotably anyway.

Experiment status: ongoing.

NoteCase study: Last Saturday me and Barney went on a discovery expedition into the unknown to hunt the most elusive creature known to man: a courier parcel that gets sent all over who-knows-where. Me and B had two different packages, by different companies, sent to us in Academie while we were not in. Cos Academie sucks when it comes to reception: they have none! I called the company and they were like “oh, we make our deliveries anytime between 8 am to 5 pm…. i’m sorry, we can’t notify you exactly what time….. i’m sorry the delivery van isn’t allowed to make calls on his routes….”!!! Anyway both our parcels got sent back to the courier’ office. Not it City, not in Belconnen, not even near Tuggeranong! It ended up in some ulu place called HUME. the bus routes didn’t even go anywhere near there! Its actually on the border of ACT/NSW…thats the black line that cuts through the map from N to SW. So we like all expert hunters got into B’s faithful Ford, drove for like 30 mins, bagged our prize, and returned safe!

DSC05358DSC05357

Results: Protein shakes and documents .(See pic)

Discussion: Courier companies are evil. are bad. want your money. waste time.



Assignment: I have to cook the PERFECT pan friend lab steak by Sunday. 3 days time. My results have been inconsistent. I have gathered some valuable data below:DSC05394

  1. Deglaze pan before cooking veggies!
  2. Don’t use deglazed sauce if insufficient olive oil has been used in cooking, start from basics.
  3. Save some lamb juice marinade for the veggies
  4. The texture is fantastic when cooked really long. The flip side is the outside is not that visually appealing (see previous post).
  5. When undercooked, the outside looks like a 5 star dish (pic.). Only the meat is slightly (very!) undercooked.
  6. Teriyaki doesn’t do lamb justice. Use Worcestershire sauce instead.
  7. Curry, lemon sauce anyone?

From notes 3 and 4, i suspect more olive oil is needed (3 tablespoons?). I have 2 tries left.

DSC05389 DSC05391DSC05379 Field research: I transplanted my mustard seeds! Since they have started flowering and grown really big, i tot a new home is in order. Plus i thought that when fully grown, would frame my window very nicely.

Items needed: 2 Rondoletti tins. rubber band, scissors, thick shopping bag, empty soap bottle (as watering can), potting mix, mustard plants

Conclusion: Henceforth i shall refer to my mustard seeds as Cappo and Hazel. Based on the Rondoletti tin flavours. Oh, and coincidently i have a friend named Hazel =P Heres hoping they dont die! The only time i forgot to water them was when i was away for 5 days….

“I rather have an army of rabbits commanded by a lion, than an army of lions commanded by a rabbit” – Jared

 
posted by Jared Wong at 2:06 AM, |

0 Comments: