Friday, October 02, 2009

Changes

Emoing away my time. Zhong just left the room. that should explain it. Ok I'll admit it. when i first started blogging I had super grand designs. "It'll be fine, sophisticated reading for everyone!" I'd think, "Future generations will build monuments to my significant contribution (my thoughts) to mankind!"

Or so it went. Looks like what goes on in my head is hard to put in words. Or it just doesn't have the proper eloquence? So many things, grand designs I had, but all lost in the process of putting it down to paper. When i was young I learned from Calvin and Hobbes that we think a thought every 10 seconds. Pftt... psychology now tells me its one every microsecond. Imagine that world.

Ah changes. why do i crave the changes? Perhaps its the idea that with every little change maybe some will change for the better, new opportunities, I'd say. But then I'd find out that things never get inherently better, or worse. A new friend, old friends. New enemies, new relationships. The changing seasons reflected on by my mustard plants growing indoors. Yes, those are still there.

And of course, so many firsts. Like the first time i fell in love again, for the 267th time. Love is always a first. The first time i found out theres a storage time for oyster sauce in the kitchen. The first time I watched a musical. And the first time i felt that feeling in that situation, in that place, in that time, with those people.

Ah people. I would rather be a poor man surrounded by friends than a rich man with cows.
Somebody once said (I think it was Jesus) "Man shall not live by bread alone"

Totally agree with that. " Man shall live by bread WITH OTHER PEOPLE"

I miss the people from my life. at about a thousand thoughts a minute.

Its kinda nice when I know no one comes to read this stuff anymore, it gives me the freedom to think.
And yes, I'm back.
 
posted by Jared Wong at 11:00 PM, |

0 Comments: