Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pro time!

After struggling to get over the initial trying-to-get-started-not-fall-asleep stage of studies i've finally got it rolling. maybe too late? but its ok now. I'm in hyper study mode! 1 lab report due in 2 days and essay due in 4. Die
On to more serious matters...

One of my very good friends told me that one of our friends, someone we've known for ages (like, since primary school!) is getting married! but thats not the shocker. Shes already pregnant with twins! Congratz, by the way. and after we did the whole internet-stalker thing (u know, going through facebook and friendster profiles and msn) we've deduced its true love.

It was a bit like this (names changed to alphabets to protect friends)

J: hey do you know S is getting married!
Me: S? Which S?
J: S is H's sister! remember, back in Dato (name of our school)
Me: haah really? wow! i didn't know!
J: yea, and sommore shes already pregnant!
M: O.O@!!!! (at this point i'm really surprised cos S is about my sis's age and her bf is my age)
J: Its true, i got to know this cos her husband was my senior in SegHwa (name of another high school)

And after doing some research it turns out i knew the guy. S and her brother (also my age) used to play with me and my sis and J wehn we were young.

Wow. that makes about 5 of my friends i know who are getting, planning to, or got married already. And 3 who already have kids.

...after much catching up...
J: so do you have gf already?
Me: me nop =P how are you and K (J's current love)
J: haha we're ok. why still no gf?
lol this was pretty funny cos me and J used to go out but we split peacefully and are still good friends
Me: i'm still waiting lo i guess.
J: waiting? waiting for what? you must go find la!

And then it hit me. What am I waiting for? the right one? I've got like so many people around me getting hitched, even more, asking ME to get a gf.
So why don't i want to?

Its more of like, I'm waiting... for the right one. Yes it sounds very corny and my superior intellect is telling me: If you always wait, you'll never find the right one! How can you expect to find one if all you do is sit around and wait?!

And this is where my soul tells me: Trust in God, he has the best planned for you.
Someone once said that if you make God your dance partner he'll give you up to the perfect girl.
This i know to be true.

All around me the signal is "go find a gf! don't wait!" They even talked about this in OCF, where they're asking christian guys to go out and find christian girls.
While this may be true...I have my own heart, just as everyone has their perfect someone.

Don't believe me? Just you wait.

Congratz again to my two friends =)
 
posted by Jared Wong at 1:48 AM, |

0 Comments: