Friday, April 08, 2005

One lousy trip?!?!?!?

Picture this: ur face is glued to the com screen. Then mom comes and says u have 3 seconds to get ur butt in bed
The reason???
I have to *accompany* my dad to a business trip 1st thing in the morning.To JB! no less!
Now y would a sweet charming young man like me wanna give up my special com priveleges (did i spell dat rite?) to go to a stupid trip to JB?!?!
reeeason 1: IM THE LOUSY DRIVER!!!!!!
so, anyway, u get the point.

so get ready folks, heres a loooooonnngg blog on The Trip That Was!

6.45:
im waking up at this stupid god forsaken hour which r meant for school kids and mid 40's adults
wat am i doing????
so we hit the road. Actually the scenery between here and yong peng is not bad. i took some mornin pics with my handpone (nvr go without it!) of the 'nice' (im a guy.i dont say 'beautiful', except to a gal) long windy roads shrouded in mist
a real potential accident waiting to happen.
i'll post the pics if i download that stupid picasa software.

so, anyway,the trip there isnt that bad. lucky i took a NGO mag along to read. Dats National Geographic, not non government org.
first stop, Yong Peng. dont ask me where it is cos im blur on directions
first meal, chicken rice. A hint of badd stuff to come.

sumtime after 8: were on the highway.now dont get me wrong. I love highways.lovely place to race can really pecut over 140. too bad passenger is dad...so, stick to 120...like a good boy.
and to make this worse, we can recieve sing radio stations!!! new stations r a good thing but not when ur dad wants to listen to BBC!!!!!!
I can still remember the freq: 88.9..talking about sum pollution..i had to listen 15 minits to understand it...
example: bla blabla donno wat cumulonimbus ditdat dosh atmospheric regional blablabla...

ok.first stop in jb, a car chop.a car shop????
more like a over glamourous mechanic junk yard.
so my dad puts on his charm, and sells 5 units of ispark..
i have totally no idea wat an ispark is. go find out yourself. www.motorspark.com

after dat my dad thinks hes late for a business meeting so he takes the wheel. fine with me. im just the casualty.
when we meet our contact.who tells us that the meeting is pushed to 1.great.
so its

11.30: and our contact brings us to a chicken rice shop. for lunch.
wat!?!?!? im in a strange alien culture where lunch is eaten so early.y cant every1 jus eat lunch at 2.30 like me???
just wake up, eat lunch, back to bed!

so lunch is chicken rice. again.

ok.lunch over, we go to one really ulu place called Ulu Tiram. lolz. evenm the name is ulu..wat does it mean anyway, Ancient Oyesters????

so in AO were taken to this construction site.walaueh!!!! damn big man!!!! were not talking a block or a few hundred. im talking about few thousand houses, semi-d,shoplots,dungeons being built! by an army of workers.!!!!
im not exegerating. i asked my dad for the exact figure.go figure.

ok! break! stop! who reads Dune? seen The Phoenix? Lost in Sahara?

the place is a friggin desert man!
i mean it! the half built houses were like sand dunes covered in dust. the car shok like a living being!! if i was in a land rover i'll still be shaken, not stirred.I wouldnt go there in anything less than a bigfoot!

So at the time where im supposed to be wakng up from a beeeeautiful sleep, im standing at ground zero.(no offense to 9/11)
I think my alternate self in another universe would b laughin his head off at me. good. let him die.

rude shock no. 2
the meeting is here!!!
out of a scene from pck are all the contractors, engineers and donno who else are in this house with no aircon.
And here is little ole me expecting it to be a wonderful aircon meeting in a high office with business suits and a glass off chilled water(not iced!iced water has no class!). I think i've been watching too much tv.Bad boy.
 
posted by Jared Wong at 1:34 AM, |

0 Comments: